1. Money

Discuss in my forum

William Perez

The Easy Tax Form: 1040-EZ

By January 27, 2008

Follow me on:

Form 1040-EZ is a simple, one-page tax form designed for people with uncomplicated finances. The easy-to-prepare tax form is perfect for people who's only income is from wages and some bank interest. Find out if you qualify to use Form 1040-EZ.
March 19, 2008 at 4:01 am
(1) Floroskop says:

I think this try.

January 17, 2009 at 12:12 am
(2) Sharon says:

Can I use the 1040z when I have $5909 income on a 1099s?

January 19, 2009 at 9:02 pm
(3) taxes says:

Sharon, there are many different types of 1099 documents, so it’s impossible for me to give an exact answer. If you mean Form 1099-MISC for non-employee compensation, then no; you’ll need to use the 1040 long form and attach a Schedule C. If the 1099 is for bank interest (1099-INT), then yes you can use the EZ form.

December 7, 2009 at 11:43 pm
(4) Sundeep says:

I am on F1 visa in Usa, I took check from company without any work permit from university, company told me that they don’t need any work permit for job as they will not put me on work permit, but they told me to sign and put SSN on W-9 form, So is it like that I am on their pay roll, will I be in trouble, If so how can i protect myself so that if I change my status from F1 to H1, I won’t be in trouble.

December 8, 2009 at 12:28 pm
(5) William Perez says:

This is an immigration law question, and you should seek counsel from an immigration attorney or someone at your school well versed in F-1 visas. From a tax perspective, as long as you report your income and pay your tax, the IRS doesn’t care. From the USCIS web site, “You may be allowed to work on-campus or off-campus (after the completion of your first year of study) under limited circumstances. Please see the rules on student employment at 8 CFR 214.2 (f). You may also wish to discuss employment with the designated school official (DSO) at your school. Your accompanying spouse and child may not accept employment.” When I looked up 8 CFR 214.2(f), I found that employment is limited to on-campus or off-campus jobs that are directly related to the school’s educational program.

December 8, 2009 at 7:09 pm
(6) sundeep says:

Thanks for your help William Perez.

March 30, 2010 at 9:11 pm
(7) Juliana says:

I am kind of in the same situation of the person above. I am on a F1 visa, and last year I was an egg donor and received a $8K check. As it was a donation, I thought it was tax free. This year, I was informed by my school that I have to file an 8843 form for every year I have been a student in the States. At the same time, the donation agency sent me a W8 form.
I am in doubt now – in my situation, for the year I had wages, should I file the 8843 AND the 1040-EZ, or how should I proceed? Won’t it get into descrepancy against each other? thanks!

Leave a Comment

Line and paragraph breaks are automatic. Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title="">, <b>, <i>, <strike>

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.